I won a pair of free passes (RM199 each) from Says.My. Initially I wanted to give them away, cos two days later (12 Jan) will be my land law test but only one person came up and claimed a ticket (Hui Shean). I thought about it - if I don't go, I'll probably spend my time 废柴-ing in my room anyways, plus it's such a waste to just let go of the free ticket! So I went with Hui Shean. But I still have some conscience cos I brought my land law slides together with me! See how hardworking I am? HAHAHA. Probably the most controversial decision I've ever made in my whole life thus far. I mean, who da hell attends concert when she hasn't finished studying for her finals?!! But I guess I'm just so-high like that.
Photo credits © Hello KPop
OK, to be honest, I don't even know who's B1A4 before I
joined won the SAYS Contest. I entered the contest for fun, thinking I'd never win. Contestants are required to complete the caption: "If I had a 'Solo Day' with B1A4, I would..."
I wrote "skip my exam for it."
Never in my dreams that it would actually come true. Well, technically I did skip 6 hours of studying time to attend the concert, so it's pretty much equivalent to skipping my exam as well. ·(˚ ˃
The interesting thing is, something controversial occurred during the close-contact with the idols segment. 4 Malay girls and 1 Chinese aunty were chosen to go up the stage to see their idols up-close cos their messages on the fans' message board (all fantastically written in Korean) were chosen by the B1A4 members respectively. The emcee then announced that they're gonna do a K-drama parody of some sort, where the "couples" need to reenact the scenes in popular K-Dramas. Note: None of the girls knew about this beforehand, they only know about it after they went onstage.
So what happened was, the girls were hugged / kissed on the forehead / air-kissed by the kpop boys in the parody segment. The next day, the video went out, with the title "Gadis Melayu dicabuli Mat Korea", which literally translates as "Malay Girl Sexually Harrassed by Korean Artists". An online war was sparked, with thousands of Malays condemning the Malay girls and B1A4. I posted my views on Instagram, so I'm not gonna repeat myself. And I hereby quote myself:
With regards to the "Gadis Melayu Dicabul Mat Korea" video. I know it's been viral on the internet, and proabably gonna make B1A4 reluctant to return to Malaysia in the near future.
I was there, I witnessed the whole event, so I think I'm qualified to say a few words.
1. The fans were chosen randomly, based on messages written on the board to their idols. The girls all wrote in Korean (mind you, it's Korean) so obviously they got chosen, cos these guys understand Korean better than any other language.
2. Not all chosen to go onstage are Malay, there's one Chinese aunty among the chosen ones. Why most are Malay girls, you ask. Well, most of the fans are Malay.
3. The girls had written innocent requests, like "can you please say I love you, Mira". They did not know about the drama reenacting part prior to going onstage, nor did the boys.
4. The girls were then asked to do the acts by the emcee. They had given their permission beforehand when asked by the boys. Even then, you can't blame them 100%, calling them sluts or menjatuhkan maruah Islam, cos they are already onstage, surely you don't expect them to rush down the stairs at that moment? But admittedly they should have clarified that Islam doesn't allow bodily contact, so even if they were to act, no need to put 100% effort into the act.
5. The guys were probably not really excited on doing it as well, but they need to do it cos it's their job as entertainers to make fans happy. And they do not know anything about Islam, so you can't blame them cos their cultural and religious understanding is different from ours.
May the keyboard wars end ASAP. Hopefully B1A4 is not traumatized by this massive bombardment.
Disclaimer: I'm not taking any sides. I just happen to be someone who happen to be somewhere at a particular time.
Sexual harassment issue aside, here are some pics of me and Hui Shean, please enjoy!
And last but not least, a pretty pic of myself. =)
Before I forget, I wanna comment on the venue + organising team. I understand that this is just a small fan meet, but the venue is really not up to standards. The lighting effects were great, but the whole place just looked like somewhere an underground band would practice their gigs. Plus, the security guard was so damn rude that I feel like slapping him. I know there are many people around (but seriously, just how many are there that day? 200?) but you shouldn't loose your cool no matter what. If you can't even manage 200 people, don't ever dream of hosting a concert for B1A4 in the near future. Trust me, it'd be the end of your days. If you're gonna loose your temper at the attendees, better don't host this event at all. We come here to see the artists handsome faces, not your annoying/bitchy faces. Exception: The girls at the counter are really helpful, they deserves extra brownie points.