Sunday, May 17, 2009

Piggy Paint Nail Polish : Review

When I was “Googling” for non-toxic fingernail polish, I found the Piggy Paint website. The cute pink piggy logo at the homepage quickly attracted my attention. From their website, I learned that Piggy Paint is a non-toxic fingernail polish specially invented for little girls. They have a collection of beautiful, gorgeous nail polish available on their website that is sold separately in bottles and in gift packs (3 polish OR 2 polish, 1 polish remover in a pack).

My Review:



The awesome Girls Rule! Gift Pack.
After receiving my Girls Rule! Gift Pack, I asked my sister whether they’d like to paint their nails together with me and they agreed. There are two bottles of nail polish (Forever Fancy & Girls Rule) and one nail polish remover in this gift pack. The retail price of this package is $27.50.



My little sister opening the cover of Forever Fancy Nail Polish.
When she opened the cover meticulously, it really surprised us that it didn’t smell at all. Wow! I really hated the strange chemical odour that is present in a nail polish I used before. The bad smell nearly made me puked up that I stopped using nail polish for good. It’s true! I’ve not paint my nails for 3 years! With Piggy Paint, I'm now willing to give my nails a new colour coating. The three of us painted Forever Fancy on our fingernails.


Look, isn't it beautiful!
Honestly, I was amazed by Piggy Paint. It does not emit strange, pungent smell and is made from natural ingredients. And I absolutely love the bright colours that makes me feel confident and happy all-day-long. My two sisters went on painting their toenails with Girls Rule Nail Polish. They absolutely love the shimmering, light purplish colour on their toenails!

Melanie, the founder of Piggy Paint tells us the story behind the invention of the brand:
One day while we were painting nails over a foam plate, my daughter dropped a glob of her solvent-based polish onto the plate. Shortly after, the paint began to bubble and “ate” through the plate. I looked in dismay at the hole in the plate and decided to test all of her other “kid” polishes on the foam. Within minutes, ALL of the solvent-based polishes began to bubble and eventually left big holes in the plate. From that day on, I decided that any flammable substance that could eat through foam was unacceptable for my children’s fingernails, which would inevitably end up in their mouths. My quest was on, and Piggy Paint™ was born.

Now, you may ask :
Why is Piggy Paint™ Nail Polish the safe nail polish choice for children?
Well, Piggy Paint™ is specially formulated from God’s natural ingredients and dries to a hard, durable finish and there are no toxic chemicals .It’s free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone. It is made from water, water-miscible acrylic and polyurethane film formers and thickeners (well below 100 parts per million), glycol ethers.

~Non-toxic
~Odorless
~Water-based formula
~Hypoallergenic
~Fun, vibrant colors
~Dries to a hard, durable finish

Piggy Paint™ Nail Polish Remover is a remover that works quickly on all polishes, especially Piggy Paint™ Nail Polish. It is non-toxic, safe to use, and contains none of the solvents that could offend your nose or harm our atmosphere. Aloe Vera and Vitamin E are added to supplement the natural oils that protect your little one’s nails and cuticles. It is non-toxic, odorless, hypoallergenic, biodegradable, and acetone-free. The best thing is, it is made from natural ingredients, such as Methyl alcohol, butyl diglycol, aloe vera extract and Vitamin E.

After knowing more about Piggy Paint’s goodness, would you like to buy some for your little girl?

Piggy Paint Nail Polish - $9.99

Piggy Paint Remover - $10.50

Nail Polish Gift Packs (3 Colors) - $26.50

Nail Polish (2 Colors) Plus 1 Remover Gift Packs - $27.50

Melanie is offering a 20% discount to all my readers. Just use the code “AikBlog” during checkout. Discount code is valid until 6.30.09. Please visit Piggy Paint to purchase.



Contact info:
Melanie Hurley
(t)479.659.4257

1 comment:

Ghost said...

The remover is not non-toxic. The Piggy Paint site says the remover is "safe to use" under adult supervision, not that it is non-toxic. Methyl alcohol is known to cause blindness when ingested even in small quantities (2 teaspoons or less). Butyl diglycol is a skin irritant. At a minimum, parents should supervise the remover so that it is used only in well-ventilated areas to remove polish from nails and make sure everyone thoroughly washes her hands afterwards.